Thursday, July 3, 2014

EMERGENCY ROOM

So Tuesday, I woke up with a pounding migraine. The light hurt my eyes and sound hurt so bad. I tried taking Tylenol to ease the pain, but of course Tylenol isn't that great (only pain killer allowed whilst pregnant). I lay on the couch the entire day. Around lunch time the vomiting started and it didn't stop until around 1am.

- 8.30pm - I text the agency to see what I should do. The Dr was notified and she insisted I go to the emergency room because she was scared that I may become (or already be) dehydrated.
I continued vomiting, I was unable to leave the house (to get to the emergency room) until around 10 o'clock. My hubby drove me there (My Dad watched my kids).
- At the ER, I was given IV fluids to keep me hydrated, and something a little stronger for my headache. I was there till 12.30am.
- When we arrived home, the vomiting started again, luckily only once!!

This has got to be one of the most scary things i've experienced being pregnant. So you girls out there who are carrying multiples (or just have bad morning/ALL day sickness). Ensure you keep yourselves hydrated, and if you are ever vomiting too much - go to the ER.

Yesterday, I woke up with another headache, and even more vomiting. The Dr called me to check on me and asked about what happened at the emergency room. She prescribed me another medicine to control the nausea (clearly the other one doesn't work for me).

Tonight, Dr A called me to check on me again, and to let me know that I can page her anytime if I need anything. It is so nice to have her support and good luck wishes for my reduction which will be July 8th.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I a fellow surro here I fallow your blog and am dying to know an update!! Pretty please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Juli.
      I will give an update very soon. Just had a busy last few weeks. Thanks for following!

      Delete