Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Reduction Day

- Today is reduction day. I have many emotions that I am unsure of. All I am hoping for is success.

- Martin and I were taken into a room where the doctor discussed the procedure with us and let us know and helped us feel more at ease with the decision for the procedure. The risks of carrying multiples are extremely high, and when identicals are involved, it only places those risks higher.

- The procedure itself was about 10 minutes long, and was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I cried the entire time - scared that I was going to lose the entire pregnancy (only 2% chance of that happening).

- It went as smoothly as possible, the doctor did an AMAZING job at keeping me calm and even showed us the little one left and revealed its gender - which will be in my next post in telling the parents.

- I now have to take antibiotics for 7 days to decrease any chances of infection. Also, be on light rest for the entire week and not lift anything over 10lb. Luckily I have an amazing husband to help me this week. Bleeding or not is completely normal after this procedure. *Any fellow surrogates that have to go through this, don't be afraid to email me or ask questions.*

No comments:

Post a Comment