Friday, April 11, 2014

Estrogen Injection

 First Estrogen intramuscular injection today. Luckily, I have lots of nurses surrounding me which can help me out during this because my husband does NOT like needles and is not willing to hurt me (even tho after icing the area for 5 mins, I really didn't feel a thing).  My friend Judy was nice enough to come over after work to give me my shot today, I didn't feel a thing (thank you ice).

To give these injections you place an 18 gauge needle on the syringe and draw the oil from a glass container, then replace the syringe with a 22 gauge needle (lower the number, the bigger and thicker the needle) and give in the upper and outer quadrant of the butt area. As I progress to each medication, it becomes more real, so happy that I have the perfect IP's.






These are my prenatal's and baby aspirin I have to take everyday. I am also still taking Lupron injections everyday but I now take half the dosage.
This is the syringe and needles.
Hard to tell from the picture, but here is the size differences. Pink = Pain (18 gauge) bigger
Grey - 22 gauge, Still a pretty big needle

No comments:

Post a Comment