Friday, January 16, 2015

39 Weeks

- This week is coming and going so fast.

Sunday was our monthly surrogate support group. It was a pajama and bunco support group and it was so much fun with lots of girls towards to end of their pregnancies and many in the beginning too. One of my very close surrogate friends is only 4 days postpartum with her surro baby and I am just so proud of her and wanted to give her a shout out for being AWESOME, CONGRATS!!!!!! She gave birth to a beautiful little 6lb 6oz baby girl for her IPs who are also from France. I saw a few pictures from the birth and they literally put me into tears, seeing how happy the mommy was. I can't wait for this moment for myself.

- Monday was my IPs daughters 5th birthday (so NO they did not end up sharing a birthday), they drove from San Diego to celebrate at the corner bakery with us and got a little cake for her. Tuesday was a relaxing day for both families, I went and got my nails done and enjoyed relaxing with my family, while Laura and David did the same at their house. At night time my contractions started.
The contractions kept me awake all night, I would wake myself up to me humming and whining to control the contraction. When I got up Wednesday morning, they continued ALL day, every 10 minutes. My husband and I went for a walk to see if they would get stronger or closer together, NO such luck. Luckily for me, my mother is a labor and delivery nurse, so I had her come over and check to see if I was dilated enough to go to the hospital. ONLY 2-3cm, definite progression from my last appointment, but not enough to stay in the hospital. So I stayed at home and tried to get this moving on my own, bouncing up and down on a yoga ball, raspberry leaf tea and spicy food. I had a doctors appointment Thursday morning, so I wasn't too concerned about not being in labor yet.
 - Thursday at my doctors appointment - 
Baby Harry is sounding great. The nurse practitioner stripped my membranes to see if it will help move things along. We also discussed an induction.
- So my induction is set for SUNDAY 18th- So we only have to wait a few more days until Harry arrives into the world. My IPs are so excited and can't wait to meet their newest addition to their family. I had the biggest grin on my face after the induction appointment had been made, I FINALLY get to help a couple have their dream. This is the moment that we have ALL been waiting for, we are in the final stretch.
I will let you all know how induction goes (or if the little booger decides to arrive sooner).
 
Ready to give birth - I feel huge!

Both 39 weeks and squatting to get these babies out (Congrats to Esmeralda for giving birth to a baby girl this week also)

Maria, myself and Jill

Support Group - playing bunco


My boys waiting for Harry to arrive

1 Week Progression pic. Baby is much lower on the right (excuse the bra)


No comments:

Post a Comment