Saturday, May 3, 2014

Transfer day

Woke up this morning really excited and anxious for the transfer.
Once we got to the doctors office we Skyped with Laura and David while we were in the car. They put me at ease, as soon as I spoke to them I immediately felt better. 
Inside the office, I signed my paperwork, and was asked to make my bladder nice an full. I was then asked to put on a gown, slippers and a hair net. 
Good look, right?


Then I was asked to take 2 Valium to make sure I was nice a relaxed for the transfer. I was then put into a hospital bed for the medicine to kick in and to allow myself to relax. 
Getting nice and comfortable
Before I knew it Dr A came to talk to me to see how I was feeling and to let me know they were still putting 2 embryos on. 1 boy and 1 girl. I then went into the procedure room, Martin was able to join me. An ultrasound was done to check my bladder was full so the procedure could be done viewed through the ultrasound screen. (A ful bladder pushes the uterus up). 
There's the little embryos (One boy and one girl)

Here I am, right after the transfer, with a big smile on my face

The transfer went great, I have strong positive thoughts and a great support system to help me through it. 
I was wheel chaired out to the car and we drove home so I could go and Skype Laura and David and tell them all about it. 
Martin also video taped the transfer so we can email it to them. Now I'm on strict bed rest for 3 days. No using my abdominal muscles. Martin has been assisting me all day. I'm so blessed to have such a supportive husband! Love you babe xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment