Sunday, May 11, 2014

It started with a petri dish....


Today is Mother's Day here in the US. The last few days I have been feeling pregnant, I have been having great thoughts and some pregnancy symptoms here and there (which could also been the medicine). So yesterday I was texting with Laura and telling her about my symptoms and asked if she would like to Skype and do a pregnancy test via Skype. At first she was a little nervous and scared, but I ensured her that I wouldn't insist if I didn't feel the way I did. Ya know, this isn't my first rodeo!

Our Skype session was scheduled for 10am, I was drinking plenty of water this morning to make sure I could actually pee on the stick when it came time to do so. I showed Laura and David the box, I opened the test and went and did my thing. I RAN out of the bathroom seeing the 2 pink lines on the test. I shoved the test into the computer camera and yelled "IT SAYS YEEEEEESSSSSS". Seeing the look on Laura and Davids face made me so proud. Laura buried her face into her hands with happiness and she told me I was their warrior. I'm sooooo happy that I have met their expectations and that I can finally say I am carrying their child/ren.

Skyping and sharing the GREAT NEWS - 
 We were all thrilled with the great news, but still being optimistic since my beta's (blood test) aren't until Thursday morning. That is when we will get the REAL confirmation. I will also receive 1 more beta test a few days later, then a week after that (hopefully) get an ultrasound to see how many nuggets I will be carrying. Exciting times.
IT SAYS YEEEEESSSS!!!!!


For Mother's Day my hubby got me some great gifts (including a t-shirt shown in the pic below) and a card that made me tear up a little bit, from the little embryo's implanting in my tummy (potentially both of them).


Happy Mother's Day to Laura and I. Great day for great news.

A little message for Laura and David...
Thank you so much for including me to help create your little family. I am so happy to be apart of this amazing journey. I couldn't be happier and nothing is better than seeing your faces light up every time I talk with you. I always look forward to our Skype dates and I always love the pictures that you send me and telling me how your day is going. This is the start of a great journey and friendship and I can't wait to see your faces when you hold the baby/ies for the first time. Every time I think about this moment it makes me extremely happy. You guys are the best IP's a girl could ask for.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment