Monday, March 24, 2014

Medicine Training and transfer DATE

To become a surrogate you are required to take injections and medications for 3/4 weeks before the embryo transfer can take place. This is the trick the body into thinking that it is already pregnant, so when the embryos are implanted into the uterus, the uterine lining will be ready to except the embryo like a typical pregnancy.

First of all, I am to take daily injection of Lupron, this is to suppress my ovaries from producing my own hormones, so that my cycle or ovulation do not interrupt the surrogacy cycle. - so pretty much puts me into menopause state.

Secondly, after two weeks of Lupron (AND NO HORMONES), Estrogen patches are introduced. Two are placed along the bikini line.

Thirdly, Estrogen injection is added every tuesday and friday. These are Intramuscular injections and they make the uterine lining nice and fluffy to accept the embryo.

THEN... Once Lupron is stopped, Progesterone is added another intramuscular injection which assists with implantation and helps produce nutrients to support the embryo and helps to maintain a pregnancy.

So, I got an ultrasound of my ovaries today to check that they were still in good shape and size for the surrogacy. They are just as perfect as they were with my first ultrasound. YES. Martin and I also met with the coordinator today and went through all the medications with me, how to use them, and showed us how to administer to injections correctly AND she told us our transfer date May 3rd!!!!! It's finally feeling real, I also got my HUGE box of medications to take home with me ready to start the cycle.

In the box were also prenatal vitamins, baby aspirin, steroids and antibiotics. Ill explain these in later posts.


ITS BABY TIME!!!!  

Below are some pictures of the HUGE box of meds.


Lots of meds for baby making


See how big it is^^^^

Syringe sizes 18 and 22 Gauge

Syringes

ultrasound equipment for checking my ovaries

No comments:

Post a Comment