Sunday, February 23, 2014

We have now met

Last night couldn't have been more perfect.
Martin and I were standing outside cheesecake factory waiting for them, my head was bopping back and forth looking for them. Then I spotted them and I gave Laura the BIGGEST squeeze ever. It was so nice to finally meet her and David in person (I gave him a hug too). We had to wait for 45 mins for a table so we just stood and chatted for the entire time. I have to admit, I was a little nervous how we were all going to communicate with speaking different languages and all, but it went very smoothly and we were all able to understand one another.
We all had a drink to celebrate our "meeting" and the journey we are about to go through together. We talked about everything possible, movies we enjoyed, music, food, work, life, children. We shared all our pictures and fun memories we have all had. We talked about all the doctors appointments I have had and all the appointments they have set up while being in San Diego. I learned that they are going to make the embryo's while they are here, which I am super excited about. We talked about bringing the baby into the world and Laura mentioned how she would love if we were to always stay in touch and to be in their life, which I agreed with of course. I am so happy that they chose me to be their surrogate. I couldn't have dreamed about wanting to go through this process with anyone else. They are also so grateful that I am helping them. They are always saying thank you and saying what a noble gesture I am doing for them, I can tell this is going to be an awesome experience with great people and a very emotional yet GREAT journey.

We have arranged to see each other a few more times while they are here, wish they were staying longer than a week. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment