Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ultrasound and Drs Appt

Aug 25th - Anatomy Ultrasound day.

Here is baby Harry at 19 weeks.



- Nothing can be told to me at an ultrasound appointment. Only a doctor can reveal the results - so waiting a few more days till my appointment.

- Aug 28th - Dr's appointment

Blood Pressure - perfect
Urine - Perfect
Weight - perfect
Baby's heart beat - perfect
BUT WAIT.... The doctor told me that the ultrasound showed that I have slight placenta previa. (THIS EXPLAINS WHY I HAVE BEEN BLEEDING).
- This means that the placenta is slightly covering the entrance of the cervix. One of the most common symptoms of previa is bleeding. I am so glad we have figured out why this was happening. My Dr is hoping that as my uterus grows, that the placenta will move upwards and out of the way (which in most cases, it does).
- So next month I will have another ultrasound and regular ones after that, to make sure the placenta moves. If it doesn't move, I will have to have a c-section (which I really don't want). If it DOES move then we are on the right track again to a normal delivery. YAY (fingers crossed). I have been told No exercise or intercourse. Either of these could cause more bleeding
- Next Dr's appointment and ultrasound is scheduled for Sept 25th.

- Laura and David are a little stressed out. This pregnancy definitely isn't as easy or as smooth as my pregnancy's, but I have given them positivity and that I am doing everything in my power to stay stress-free and do everything I can for them and baby Harry.

- I'm hoping to add at least weekly pictures from this point forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment