Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Why....

When I was a little girl my mother would always talk about becoming a surrogate some day. She explained to me that some people are unable to have children and she would love to carry a child for another couple to make their dreams come true. My mum did not get the chance to become a surrogate being so busy with a nursing career and both my brother and I, so I guess you can say I inherited "wanting to do this" from her.
Thanks Mum, you really put into perspective the meaning of giving. Some couples may need help to have a child and I’m grateful that you talked to me about becoming a surrogate, even if I was a small child. I am doing this not to fulfill my dreams, but yours as well. I’m doing this for the both of us – and the intended parents of course.


As I grew older, got married and had children of my own, I understood the feeling of "Love". I couldn't imagine life without that feeling of love. I truly want to help someone feel that love and enjoy the bond that life gives.
 
Another reason I considered surrogacy was to do with the amount of loss and miscarriages I had witnessed amongst my friends and family. It broke my heart to see how many of my close friends had lost children. 1 friend in particular, I have been with her through 3 miscarriages and why is it always the ones who truly would be the best mothers. Well she went to get testing done and found out her chromosome 2 was flipped and the only way to get a successful pregnancy was if the male chromosome was smart enough to figure out that her chromosome was flipped and his chromosome would flip to match hers (hope that makes sense). I told her I would love to give her one of my eggs, so I went searching for places to do egg donation. No one would take me because I was born in the UK and lived there during the mad cow disease break out (also why I can't give blood here is the US). That's right, I am NOT FDA approved!!! I probably cried every chance I got for like 2 weeks straight. All I wanted to do was donate my egg so that someone could have the love and joy by making a family. Since I have always wanted to become a surrogate I figured that was my cue. Egg donation wasn't a choice so I went searching for a surrogacy agency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment